I forget what week this is, but here's an update. Tried to make the jumps faster, but I see here it still looks too slow. GUH! Also still trying to get the pull up onto the ledge to look better.
this is coming along great. Good job. You may want to consider the following things. very first hop on frame 33 all limbs leave the ground at the same time. some variation would add some interest. I miss the fact that some of the ledge breaks off on frame 75. could be both a staging and presentation issue, consider having your character latch on with both hands then as he applies his strength using his biceps and lats the ledge breaks. that way we can get a clear read. i get sucked out of it when the character pulls himself/herself up with one hand so easily. the physicality seems weird. its really hard to do that and a creature in danger would probably do the most energy efficient way. be careful with that wrist pose on frame 118 there is no anatomical muscle that would be strong enough to lift the entire body weight up simply at the wrist. i don't read the pose on frame 185 why did he stop and look up. what do you want to communivate he reads as kinda scared. could you push it. i think the landing after the pole swing is great but you could push it a little more to sell his weight. feel like your characters right hand just lightly touches the window. I think more energy there would help. THe reaction to the arrow 339 is great PUSH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how mad is he????
I'm sure you already had most of those in consideration. I hope my opinion helped in some way,
Keep doing what you do. May the splines be with you.
2 comments:
Hello Sophie,
this is coming along great. Good job. You may want to consider the following things.
very first hop on frame 33 all limbs leave the ground at the same time. some variation would add some interest.
I miss the fact that some of the ledge breaks off on frame 75. could be both a staging and presentation issue, consider having your character latch on with both hands then as he applies his strength using his biceps and lats the ledge breaks. that way we can get a clear read.
i get sucked out of it when the character pulls himself/herself up with one hand so easily. the physicality seems weird. its really hard to do that and a creature in danger would probably do the most energy efficient way. be careful with that wrist pose on frame 118 there is no anatomical muscle that would be strong enough to lift the entire body weight up simply at the wrist.
i don't read the pose on frame 185 why did he stop and look up. what do you want to communivate he reads as kinda scared. could you push it.
i think the landing after the pole swing is great but you could push it a little more to sell his weight. feel like your characters right hand just lightly touches the window. I think more energy there would help.
THe reaction to the arrow 339 is great PUSH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how mad is he????
I'm sure you already had most of those in consideration. I hope my opinion helped in some way,
Keep doing what you do. May the splines be with you.
Alvin Geno
Character Animator
interesting ideas! As an audience, i am appealed by your character.
Post a Comment