Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Better

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like the poses of the girl - especially while she is approaching the idea of bumping him off balance - and her final posture and expression is really great!

I have a question, though. Is the funny part supposed to be all about her ridiculous way of attaining the object - and/or is it supposed to be funny when the pilot's reaction is a mere shrug?

For my two cents, I'd say to keep the gag focused on the girl's actions. I think to help this, the pilot's reaction should reflect the way the view is feeling *omg! panic!*,steady the plane and maybe glare at her as she smiles and sheepishly backs away. It means more action in the pilot, which might be a negative in the opposite direction if overdone, but keeping him muted and nonchalant is actually distracting me from the girl.

In the video without the setting - she read clearly as a flight attendant - but I thought the guy was just a sedated passenger, which worked better for me - because as a pilot, his reaction is just confusing.

I can't say what you were goin' for - but that's how I read it. I hope it was somewhat helpful :]

Toby said...

Thank you for posting! I feel like the prettiest girl at the prom!


The gag/funny part is supposed to be mainly about the attendant solving a problem in an interesting way. The shrug is just for character. I wanted contrast between the characters; a lazy pilot against a bubbly attendant (think Ted vs Elliot from Scrubs).

The time for the pilot to panic will conflict with the sodas sliding off the shelf. If he's very still and then panicked it will take all the attention away from the point of the whole animation. However; if it's confusing then I have to change SOMETHING. I'm torn.

I will make the pilot more pilot-like though. I will add flight controls and maybe pilot headset.

Unknown said...

Torn would be a good word for where I'm at, too. :/

Too much reaction would be distracting from her. But then not enough is distracting in a whole different way for me. ekk. Perhaps it's just me??

Get a teacher's view - they'll know what to do! x_x