Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Angel Liboy - Obstacle Course/Parkour

Yo,

I forgot to keep posting my updates here! :(
Been going back and forth on this exercise, on how to make it work better, trying to shorten it, but I think I got the concept down of what I wanted the character to do. Tweaking the timing a bit more for the ending, it still feels a bit slow and it needs more impact. Also going in and working with the overlaps of the limbs, the breakdowns and in betweens of the poses. I still have a lot of work ahead of me, I know. But I like how it's coming along.



Thank you for reading, commenting and suggesting.


[=A=]

3 comments:

Mike Oros said...

The last part were he is running , i would tilt his back a little more at the end of the run, and the fall down looks a bit off. but not too sure why, maybe the weight.

Taylor Holmes said...

Good job on having him stand up after sliding, it flows pretty well. Once he gets up and starts running I think he needs to bring his arms down in anticipation for the jump. Right now the jump feels kind of spontaneous and without a lot of force. Bringing the hands down and doing whatever else you can to push the squash factor before he stretches for the jump will help.
I'm no expert on cuts but when he's falling, I don't think I would let him get as far out of frame as he does because it cuts the energy of his fall. I like the poses though. Fun scene.

Mike Barnett said...

Hey Angel,
This looks pretty good. The thing that stood out to me is there seems to be a slight hitch in the run cycle at the beginning. One of the steps feels more like a leap. I think maybe the root is going up higher on one step than another. It's kind of a small thing so it might not be a priority at this point but if you plan to continue working on this after the semester ends it would be something good to fix.