Sunday, May 6, 2012

Taylor Holmes: Eugine Running and Idle Block

Alrighty. Having some technical difficulties. Adobe Premier seems to be dropping frames and messing up my video. Do you know of a simple way to repeat a cycle outside of Maya, perhaps in Quicktime?
Keeping in my there is a pop because of a missing frame or two in the run, I like the run for the most part, and the idle I'm testing out and want to hear what you all think of it.


What'd you think?
--I am not happy with the floppy head in the run, and I've been fighting to get the right timing on the swing of the gun but I just can't see it fresh anymore. Also how do you feel about the overall bounce (This will be hard to judge until the video is fixed)?
--As for the idle, what I have here isn't nearly as jerky or scared as I want it to be, I just want to see if it feels organic and non-repetitive to you. If so, then all I need to do is push it in a few area's, if it felt like a cycle then please point out where.
As always, any comments or critique is welcome, and thanks ahead of time. I've gotten some really good feedback on here all semester and it is much appreciated. I'm grateful to those of you who take the time.

1 comment:

Mike Barnett said...

Hey Taylor,
I think the first thing to consider is how heavy the gun is. So... How heavy is it?
The way he carries it (especially visible from the side) way out in front of him and the side to side swing makes it seem more like a toy gun than a real gun. I'd look into how heavy these guns are and find something that is that heavy. I would think something like a decent sized crowbar might be close to it.
I'd suggest shooting reference with that and see what it looks like.

For the idle, the shaky knee people get from being scared is an involuntary thing, I think...
The movement that the knees are making is so big that it seems more intentional than not. I'm seeing more of an invisible bow-flex than a nervous reaction.

Sorry if I went on too long...