Sunday, April 29, 2012

Kelsey Heckenkamp - Creature progress

So I pretty much had to scratch my initial setup a few weeks ago as I hadn't seen the tracking video yet and when I went in to delete my keys, it ended up just being a big mess so I had to start over. Since a big hunk of my animation is my creature walking to a bed, I've been refining the cycle before it gets to the bed. Because I've been trying to fix the timing/spacing on the legs and torso, I haven't animated the overlap or secondary in the tail and head. I'm seeing a weird timing issue @ the end of the cycle but would appreciate any critique. If anyone has dealt with animating creatures already and can offer troubleshooting or tips that would also be of great assistance. Hope everyone's projects are going well.

Update (5/1): Side view has longer cycling so its easier to watch.



2 comments:

Mike Barnett said...

Hi Kelsey,

It looks nice so far. Whatever other action is in your piece, it would be a good idea to throw the keys in there before you move forward with refining your walk. I think the professor mentioned this and I've also experienced that if you don't have your next motion blocked in, you might be doing work you don't need to or work that will need to be done over.
For creature walk stuff, I really like the Edweard Muybridge studies. His books are available on the network drive or you could probably find the images online.
Good luck! Have fun!

David G Latour said...

This looks like a solid start, nice rippling through the core of the creature. Don't forget to put your name at the top of the post Kelsey. You can copy a few loops of your cycle and play blast it with a longer frame range so that we can get a better look at it.