Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Shalako Final Dance scene


4 comments:

Unknown said...

it looks pretty good. I think it needs more break down and in between poses. Its like they always say, Maya is the worst in-betweener. Also pay attention to center of gravity because I notice that when they lift there legs up it looks like they would fall over.

Crystal Dawn said...

I agree with Patrick on this one, I would re think about the placement of the feet. They're sliding around for the majority of the piece. What could help is really make sure that those feet stay planted in IK. However if you are going for more of a smooth almost moonwalk kind of feel, the driving force would come from the hip joints while the knee and foot follow through. Maybe look for some additional reference to help with that, or maybe later in the music video they have a shot of their feet? I'm not quite sure though if the video you're originally referencing does. Keep at it!

Unknown said...

I like this dance moves timing. When the character raises his hands in the beginning, it looks good. But as Patrick and Crystal have mentioned, feet need to be keyed a bit more. Adding facial expression and eye blinking can be an easy and simple way to make this clip look a bit better before class:)

Unknown said...

I feel like you could play with the graph editor so there are more ease-ins and ease out of the movement as opposed to smooth constant movements. This will make the movements feel more lively.