Friday, March 4, 2011

Progress



Before I begin the facial stuffs on the guy - I'm interested in knowing what you all make of the posing + timing + anything else :]


The part I'm most unsure about is his first hop. He is leading with his head - and his proportions make it a pretty big overall movement. But if I were to keep it more...forward-facing, his silhouette begins to get muddled. Ugg. opinions?

3 comments:

Toby said...

I think the poses are strong! I think the timing could be exaggerated more though. I feel like his initial reaction to the car is awesome; it's jumpy and it feels like a little dog. But I think the run feels like a larger dog since the timing is slower. I think that if you make the run quicker it will feel better.

Think little brother from Mulan (just for the timing).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM1MuZ7UazE

Avi_The_Viking said...

I agree with Toby, and the car comes in to quick ad a few frames so that is reads better for what hits. good job on poses

David G Latour said...

I think the head leading the first jump could happen as a two step action: he turns away from car and then leaps around to face it. That way the head is in position to lead the action. Maybe the look away is a feint. Watching dogs playing they'll do that sort of "looking away 'cause I don't see you" fake out and then wheel back around to face their target. It would add a nice bit of character to the scene as well, taking the dog to a more puppy-like behavior.