Thursday, October 6, 2011

Liesl Tan - 02848462 - Blocking

Hi fellow classmates! I was absent from the previous class and didn't get to show my blocking pass for critique, so I'm posting it here. Let me know how it can be improved, please. :)

The green guy will be holding a toy house in his right hand, hence its position.

3 comments:

jack vijakkhana said...

I think you can play more with the staging, there's a lot of space between those two guy. Pushing them closer and zoom in a little bit more, or at least at the last pose of the purple guy, they're so far apart right now that I couldn't feel the impact when he's yelling at the green guy. You can even use the medium shot to focus more on there actions and dialogue.

Liesl said...

Sounds good, thanks for the feedback Jack! :)

Unknown said...

I like the dialogue choice and the idea for the prop - I feel though that you could get a lot more out of this by moving these guys around a little more. So far, it's just a few weight shifts.

The guy on the right (evaluating the house, yeah?) think of possibly making him more aggressive - or at least something to make these two people stand out as individual characters besides simply their body masses.

oh! What if the house were between them - sitting on a display-thingy and they're both looking down at it - it would allow the blue guy to interact with the house, too! Lots of possibilities to make the scene + characters more 'active!' :D