Hey Guys. I have added some additional key poses since last week, thanks to some reference I shoot. I still need more time to work on characters' wrist and fingers.
Is the last key pose of a girl with a pizza box look awkward?
I want to focus on characters' acting for a while before I can start work on mouth shapes and facial expression.
I think what might be bothering you about that last pose of the girl is that she's off balance to the left, but she's not using her left hand to counter the weight shift (by placing it flat on the table), which would probably be the natural tendency, even if she was supposed to be sitting on a chair (we can see she's standing) and leaning away at the waist. Also consider turning the pizza box away at an angle so as not to cover the girl so much.
Hey Scott, I posted something on your first pass not realizing you had already posted a second. It was a couple of ideas about scenery and use of sound in the background. For this pass, I'm really noticing that deep rumble in the background. It seems a little awkward to start in silence then go into that. Have you considered starting the animation where your audio clip starts? The other thing I'm noticing is when he says stinkbugs, that turn away seems kind of unnatural. It reminds me of big, stage acting movement.
Hi Mike. Actually, I wanted to start the animation at the beginning of my audio. However, I decided to start animation ahead of audio in order to add an animation of the boy taking a plate.
I will try come up with other poses for "stink bugs" line.
Thanks for your suggestion, Mike! I made some change with the character turning during a weekend. You are welcome to give me another feedback whether a new change works or not.
6 comments:
I think what might be bothering you about that last pose of the girl is that she's off balance to the left, but she's not using her left hand to counter the weight shift (by placing it flat on the table), which would probably be the natural tendency, even if she was supposed to be sitting on a chair (we can see she's standing) and leaning away at the waist.
Also consider turning the pizza box away at an angle so as not to cover the girl so much.
Hey Scott, I posted something on your first pass not realizing you had already posted a second. It was a couple of ideas about scenery and use of sound in the background.
For this pass, I'm really noticing that deep rumble in the background. It seems a little awkward to start in silence then go into that. Have you considered starting the animation where your audio clip starts?
The other thing I'm noticing is when he says stinkbugs, that turn away seems kind of unnatural. It reminds me of big, stage acting movement.
Thanks for your feedback about the pizza box, Daniel!
Hi Mike. Actually, I wanted to start the animation at the beginning of my audio. However, I decided to start animation ahead of audio in order to add an animation of the boy taking a plate.
I will try come up with other poses for "stink bugs" line.
Thanks for your feedback.
I like the pose just fine, I just feel like the character turning his back to the girl seems a little bit too theatrical.
Thanks for your suggestion, Mike! I made some change with the character turning during a weekend. You are welcome to give me another feedback whether a new change works or not.
Post a Comment