Hi everyone, This is my 1st blocking pass of :Parkour: assignment. I found some Poarkour references and combined those video that I am observing now. However, I'm not sure I can move camera like this video or not.
It's looking really good! I love the variety of movement and stunts. I think the pace is also good. The only thing I really noticed that might be working less is in the last jump when he is doing a twirl kind of thing, I think it's not as believable as the rest of the movements. I am not sure if it's the way he spins or the little pose you have there. But I definitely think it's a great start, and I can't wait to see what you do with it.
I would agree with Anat on the twirl jump at the end but I'm put off by it for a different reason. I'm thinking about storytelling. A lot of times when parkour is done in films its as part of a chase and if you want to infuse any story into this piece, a chase idea might be an easy thing to pull off. You wouldn't even need to have a second person, just have your guy look over his shoulder once or twice. The twirl jump would just take all that away. Once I saw that, it was obvious that his motivation for what he's doing is just exhibition. All of it looks really nice though.
I'm really digging the camera panning with the character, it adds a lot to the excitement of the action. on the first key you have where he does his first jump on the wall to the bar, it seems like it has less energy than the following keys. I havent seen your reference and there is the little stair that could slow him down, so maybe it is less "dramatic" but maybe something that shows somewhat more weight shit or that he is bounding off that wall and building enough momentum would help.
5 comments:
It's looking really good! I love the variety of movement and stunts. I think the pace is also good. The only thing I really noticed that might be working less is in the last jump when he is doing a twirl kind of thing, I think it's not as believable as the rest of the movements. I am not sure if it's the way he spins or the little pose you have there. But I definitely think it's a great start, and I can't wait to see what you do with it.
Okay, I got it. I will polish it! Thanks Anat.
I would agree with Anat on the twirl jump at the end but I'm put off by it for a different reason. I'm thinking about storytelling. A lot of times when parkour is done in films its as part of a chase and if you want to infuse any story into this piece, a chase idea might be an easy thing to pull off. You wouldn't even need to have a second person, just have your guy look over his shoulder once or twice.
The twirl jump would just take all that away. Once I saw that, it was obvious that his motivation for what he's doing is just exhibition. All of it looks really nice though.
I'm really digging the camera panning with the character, it adds a lot to the excitement of the action. on the first key you have where he does his first jump on the wall to the bar, it seems like it has less energy than the following keys. I havent seen your reference and there is the little stair that could slow him down, so maybe it is less "dramatic" but maybe something that shows somewhat more weight shit or that he is bounding off that wall and building enough momentum would help.
Some more weight what? :P
Post a Comment