I'm having trouble animating the back legs- it seems to always default to an awkward angle that stiffens the walk. If anyone has any suggestions on what they would do to fix this please let me know. I'll gladly take any other comments you may have as well.
Overall I like it! It's going to the right direction, However the timing for everything still feels really even, especially when he landed and chest going down, then butt going down, both timing feels really even and too organized.The front leg popped at 0:01 in the air and the ears too (It suddenly bend down and up) but overall I think the timing works, just make him start walking after he landed and fix the pop by adding frames in splining mode and play more in the graph editor. Keep going! :D
I agree that things feel even. Maybe make his stretch from stretch more in his back legs (if the rig allows that). You could emphasize the landing by adding more squash as well. Add some offset to the legs leaving the ground and landing to add some texture. Maybe lower his back hips to help the walk?
Based on where his paws are mid-air, it seems that his paws land further behind than where they should have. You have a frame where his torso and pelvis are level after the jump, but maybe move the torso lower to the ground and move the pelvis up a bit more so it follows through more from the jump. On the third step, I think his left back leg could land a little more foward.
3 comments:
Overall I like it! It's going to the right direction, However the timing for everything still feels really even, especially when he landed and chest going down, then butt going down, both timing feels really even and too organized.The front leg popped at 0:01 in the air and the ears too (It suddenly bend down and up) but overall I think the timing works, just make him start walking after he landed and fix the pop by adding frames in splining mode and play more in the graph editor. Keep going! :D
I agree that things feel even. Maybe make his stretch from stretch more in his back legs (if the rig allows that). You could emphasize the landing by adding more squash as well. Add some offset to the legs leaving the ground and landing to add some texture. Maybe lower his back hips to help the walk?
Based on where his paws are mid-air, it seems that his paws land further behind than where they should have. You have a frame where his torso and pelvis are level after the jump, but maybe move the torso lower to the ground and move the pelvis up a bit more so it follows through more from the jump.
On the third step, I think his left back leg could land a little more foward.
Post a Comment