So far I have been working on timing which could still be improved in some places and I am open to suggestions of slowing or speeding up parts. I need to work on the landing and add overlap to the wings and tail. I've been having a hard time with getting his front feet on the ground.
5 comments:
lower his root so maybe instead of a relaxed walk he is maneuvering kind of like a panther or something on the prowl. that might help get his feet down if youre having a hard time with the length.
I really like the flying part, but when he made contact and landed at 0:03 I was anticipating a bigger impact and more drift for now it is too smooth for the landing. Have his foot touch the ground then, move forward a little bit (For now it feels like his leg is locked to the ground) The jump is so much better, but the small walk before he jumped can be faster and no hesitation.
The camera movement is good, maybe zoom in just a bit more. The jump down from the cliff could be faster. Also when he first lands, his upper body seems to be chopping as he gets down on all fours.
I don't think you need to move his torso back when he's landing, I think this would help with the timing and arc of the landing of his fron paws. Since this creature has bat-like wings, looking at how a bat lands, it's more of a curve. If you look at a bird it's torso will be even more foward when it lands, but I think going with the movements of a bat works for your character.
When his front paws land, also have his torso follow his paws more instead of just stretching the paws. Have his tail move down after his front paws have landed and have it follow his landing instead of having it move down and back up because it looks static when it gets back up as he's moving foward.
Hello Jordan,
The added camera move really helped, I would add another when he jumps down. That way you can frame the camera closer on him when he's on the cliff without so much negative space. I also suggest animating the feet when he's in the air to really give his body the feel that he's shifting his weight.
-Diana
Post a Comment