So I am more behind than I'd like to be.
I haven't done much with the second character past about frame 170. Facial animation isn't done yet on either character.
The first character swings around at the beginning, but it doesn't look like he's swinging around right now. So I would like to get feedback on that especially.
7 comments:
is he stepping around or are you moving the camera? it looks like you are moving the camera right now. if you want him to swing around you could make him cover more ground than he is right now.
In the beginning the character looks like it hitches to his right. It's a little abrupt so I would maybe start him out already in the position that he hitches to. Also, I would break up the timing on the hand chopping down and his chest because they are happening at the same time.
The pose before the cut looks a little stiff.
I think the reason that he doesn't look like swinging is the timing is too short to show that.
I do like the camera movement 0:07-0:10 when he said "Mr.Valentine" it feels really natural. However for now the character is in the same place and I feel like during conversation, showing a contrast will be better (Eq: Character A is more towards left and Character B is in the right) so it will feel more like they are having conversation. What I will do next is keep posing (Facial Expression) and working on the pose. The timing feels good.
I think you need more than one second (24frames) to show him swinging. so maybe you can extend it even before the dialogue starts.
Hello Peter,
The second character's giggle after "Heaven?" looks much better this week. As for the turning in the beginning I agree with Ali, making some time to show the Mark turn towards the camera would help. The other suggestion I could make is to have him at a 3/4 view looking away and when he says "belong in heaven" he completes his swing like we've caught him mid action. That way you don't have to add any extra time to the animation you already have.
-Diana
Post a Comment