This is from Zoolander 2, right? Love this movie. During the break where the other character says "what," I don't think you need to switch to the other character. Instead, you could show this character's thought process by having him turn his head the other way and breathing heavy and eyes darting, showing how frustrated he is. This could make for a powerful shot.
I think having him kind of go down a little more to pick up the box would help emphasize the weight of the box. Even if it's an effortless pick up, it seems almost as if he would just be sliding the box around. Would the other character be sitting near where the box was? It seems a bit weird that he'd go back to looking at the table, if there's nothing there anymore.
I like the dialogue choice, very interesting topic. I must say that focus on the body performance first before the lip sync. He has a lot of breathing and I see minimal movement on his chest and shoulder
SeemsGood, I bet you can add more movement (spine, Hips, hand) for the second part. make him more alive.to stiff and stationary. I like what you did with the lip sync but make sure that you nail down the key poses and the transition between them. Spend more time on the part when he lefts the box. "emphasize the weight of the box"
I think he should be looking at the other person or the box after he throws it. I agree that you should add more hand movement at the end. Maybe have him step forward when he throws the box down too
I really like the small I twitch you gave him when he says his first line. I think the comedy of the dialogue will read best in facial expressions rather than movements. If it's what you're going for, my suggestion would be make sure his face is the focus of the scene. When he is throwing the model there are a few frames where his face isn't in the shot. The camera trucking actually sort of works in my opinion, just make sure you pull in really tightly on the face. The model wouldn't be on the table so you don't have to worry about keeping it in frame. Great dialogue choice, can't wait to see how the finished product looks!
8 comments:
I think there can be some hand movement in the last couple lines
maybe some more rotation through the spine and the hips as he walks up
This is from Zoolander 2, right? Love this movie. During the break where the other character says "what," I don't think you need to switch to the other character. Instead, you could show this character's thought process by having him turn his head the other way and breathing heavy and eyes darting, showing how frustrated he is. This could make for a powerful shot.
I think having him kind of go down a little more to pick up the box would help emphasize the weight of the box. Even if it's an effortless pick up, it seems almost as if he would just be sliding the box around. Would the other character be sitting near where the box was? It seems a bit weird that he'd go back to looking at the table, if there's nothing there anymore.
I like the dialogue choice, very interesting topic. I must say that focus on the body performance first before the lip sync. He has a lot of breathing and I see minimal movement on his chest and shoulder
SeemsGood, I bet you can add more movement (spine, Hips, hand) for the second part. make him more alive.to stiff and stationary. I like what you did with the lip sync but make sure that you nail down the key poses and the transition between them. Spend more time on the part when he lefts the box. "emphasize the weight of the box"
I think he should be looking at the other person or the box after he throws it. I agree that you should add more hand movement at the end. Maybe have him step forward when he throws the box down too
Hello Soojin,
I really like the small I twitch you gave him when he says his first line. I think the comedy of the dialogue will read best in facial expressions rather than movements. If it's what you're going for, my suggestion would be make sure his face is the focus of the scene. When he is throwing the model there are a few frames where his face isn't in the shot. The camera trucking actually sort of works in my opinion, just make sure you pull in really tightly on the face. The model wouldn't be on the table so you don't have to worry about keeping it in frame. Great dialogue choice, can't wait to see how the finished product looks!
Post a Comment