Monday, October 25, 2010

In Progress 5

So its close to tuseday and as much feedback as possible before would be loved

E

5 comments:

Evan Gibbs said...

I think her animation is working really well, particularly when she says champ.

I think the thing overall is starting to look really strong actually.
There are a couple of small things that I saw.
Like the man hitting his cup on the table, I actually think where you put the emphasis is fine, the "Ate" pare to negotiate. But it all happens a bit slowly, maybe start the action a little later?

Also I think when he sits back into his chair he could use a little bit more settle. he goes from moving fast to pretty still. Also I think his fingers should close around his leg a lot sooner, it's awkward when he has them straight.

But those are nitpicky things, the overall acting is coming along nicely I think. =)

David G Latour said...

This is coming along great. First the male character. I'd like to see the lean forward start sooner, ahead of the line "you're in a position..." as he's reacting to what she said. Then have the arms delay and move as they currently do. It'll create some nice overlap between the arms and the torso. The lean back happens a little to quickly, borrow some time from the exhale or have him arrive later. let the arms trail behind here as well. The girl is working really nicely. When he goes to sit back down, have her drop the left arm, arcing down after the "champ" gesture instead of arcing it forward and out. I'd tuck the bangs of her hair in tighter to the forehead and over to the left a bit more.

Avi_The_Viking said...

Thanks Evan And David

Kent Brown said...

Sorry to chime in so late. I agree with david that this piece is coming along great. What sticks out for me is the attitude change of the male character at the end. I guess his reaction to her determination seems a bit out of character for him. Just something that could use a bit more work. look forward to seeing this at the end of the term.

David G Latour said...

These notes are based on the more recent version handed in for midterm:

Overall this is working pretty well. First shot could be framed tighter. Guy raises glass too high on "negotiate". Take it only half as high and speed it up a bit or if he's slamming the glass down, speed up the timing. We loose too much of the Guy's face while she's talking. Find a way to open him up to camera more during that point. As he draws his left hand off table and turns away, make this gesture more direct and smaller. Needs some eye line work on the guy - is he looking at glass on his turn away?